Success never comes easy, it never has and it never will. Success consists of hard work and dedication, struggle and fear, falling and getting back up, faith and self-esteem, taking the reins of your life and full responsibility of who you are and these are only words. It’s harder than it looks and you’ve probably already realized that.
So, we’ll embark on a little journey of self-discovery and start with some of the greatest personalities who, in spite of all odds, have made it. We’ve compiled a couple of their quotes and words of wisdom to serve as motivation whenever you fear you’ll give up. As you are about to see, the best vehicle that drives success is this: Never Give Up!
Why you should never give up? We’ll go through that and “have famous people advocate for it”. Hope is also crucial when you’re trying to achieve something because hope leads to enthusiasm, enthusiasm leads to energy, energy leads to the motivation to keep going until it’s done. So, without hope, there is nothing. So, keeping the hope levels high is also what we’re going to discuss in the following. Moreover, because success is also about encouraging others, we’ll help with a few quotes and words of wisdom to do just that.
Who said never give up?
Winston Churchill did, Nelson Mandela, Thomas Edison, Samuel Beckett, Michael Jordan, they all speak of the power of never giving up. Their stories consists of constant defeats and fails until they finally made it. Let’ hear them in their own words:
1. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill
This is probably one of the best never give up quotes out there. It basically says that success builds up with every failure that does not break you. Furthermore, it speaks of something really important that you should always bear in mind and heart: enthusiasm. It’s hard to keep it high when everything seems to go left, but if you really love what you’re doing, then enthusiasm should not be in short supply and should drive you and push you and help you realize that by not giving up you’re just one step closer to your goals.
2. “I NEVER LOSE. I EITHER WIN OR LEARN” – NELSON MANDELA
Nelson Mandela was South Africa’s first black president. He was a quite controversial figure who fought for his vision and spent hard years in jail for it. He seemed unafraid to rebel against the current political regime in South Africa and never quivered in the face of failure because he knew this important lesson. The moment you realize you can never lose if you can always learn from your mistakes is the moment you’re no longer afraid to fall.
3. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better”. – Samuel Beckett
4. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work”- Thomas Edison
The biggest enemy of success is failure and the biggest ally of failure is fear. Dreams are sometimes one fear short of becoming reality. The thing is, when you think about failure, you immediately get trapped in a web of fears and insecurities and you can only get out by reprogramming failure, rewriting its DNA so that it does not sound like a bad thing, but rather an opportunity. And you can start with the above give up quotation by Thomas Edison!
5. “You just never give up. You do a task to the best of your abilities and beyond” – Debbie Reynolds
Why you should never give up?
Well, imagine you’re digging a tunnel to get out of the prison where your dreams are held captive. You no longer want to stay there and you excavate and excavate and remove large rocks and a large quantity of debris and dirt and at some point, after desperate attempts to break free you give up because you just think that there’s no hope. You quit a few centimeters away from your freedom. That’s why you should never give up. You should never give up because you’ll never know how close you actually are to accomplishing your goals.
6. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ” – Earl Nightingale
7. “Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost legendary. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.” -Calvin Coolidge
These quote about never giving up digs deep into one of our world’s saddest story: talented people never reach their potential because they don’t work hard enough; there aren’t many genius people in the world not because one in a million is born but because some of them choose the easy path, they choose to lead a normal life and do not persevere and work to reach their full potential. So, whenever you feel little, unimportant, powerless, untalented, do not stop because talent will never beat hard work, perseverance and dedication. Nothing in the world can replace the sweat of a forehead and the resoluteness of will.
8. “Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit” – Napoleon Hill
9. “You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up”. – Babe Ruth
Babe Ruth is one of the most famous American professional baseball players whose career spanned 22 seasons. Although he had a quite tumultuous life full of drinking and parties at time, he still remains a popular figure in the American culture because he was known for never giving up and some of his quotes stay in our minds to this day. So, whenever the climb gets hard, the air hard to breathe, your legs weak and your heart discouraged, always remember this quote about giving up. You are unbeatable if you don’t give up!
10. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn”- Harriet Beecher Stowe
How do you encourage someone to stay strong?
Staying strong against all odds is one important part of achieving success. Anthony Hopkins used to say “Today is the Tomorrow I was so worried about yesterday”. It’s a little optimistic line which can get you through the day and if you keep reading between the lines of the above quotes, you will get through this tough week and year as well.
11. “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds”-Jesse Jackson
12. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” – Nicki Minaj
13. “Never give up. You only get one life. Go for it!” – Richard E. Grant
14. “Winners never quit, and quitters never win” – Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi is probably one of the most famous coaches in the world. He was the head coach for the Green Bay Packers and he led the team to an impressive number of victories. If you google him, you’ll find a lot of quotes and anecdotes linked to his name. The one above is one of the best. He puts it simple: quit and you won’t win; stay in the game and you will. Never giving up has a certainty about itself: you will make it. The uncertainty that everybody is scared of is linked to the amount of time it will take for you to make it. Well, throw aside that thought. Success is not a race against the clock. Success is a castle that gets built one fail at a time.
15. “Never give up on the fight until you win the belt” – Israelmore Ayivor
How do you never give up hope?
It is normal to feel distressed as you go through life. Your job, your responsibilities, your family and friends, everything is an added pressure to your shoulders. It is OK to feel down. As long as you know it is OK, you’ll never lose hope. Hardships are part of life. They are meant to happen, like day and night, they come and they go and the only thing they should do to us is help us learn to appreciate the little victories, the little moments of happiness and the serenity of dreams.
16. “You never fall until you stop trying.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
The most important thing that these quotes are teaching us is to never stop trying to be better everyday. Every try is a victory in itself. It means you were strong enough to put one foot in front of the other and make another step towards your goal. Try and you’ll never fail, actually.
18. “How long should you try? Until”- Jim Rohn
19. “No one has the power to shatter your dreams unless you give it to them” – Maeve Greyson
20. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up”. – Chuck Yeager
In the end, success is what you make of it. You should never borrow someone’s idea of success and you should never judge your life by their standards. The road to never giving up starts with an idea, a goal and the things you love the most. From there on, you build, and build and build and when you’re tired and don’t feel the best, you should try the second best and so on until you make it.
Moreover, whenever you feel the need for some more inspiration, you can always check other people’s stories and how they got over tough situations. Inspirational quotes never hurt nobody. Never give up!